Ruth Read is an award winning photographer, painter and a published author. She lives in California. This is her artist statement:
“Painting, photography and writing is how I honor life and this world. To me art helps us to see deeper, higher and wider, to capture fleeting moments. If I relax and lose myself in a painting I discover the most amazing things that I could never see in passing.
Life is lived in infinite layers. I have learned to live with intention. Somehow that paint seems to know where and how I intend it to go and how I intend the finished product to look and feel. Sometimes that outcome is better than I imagined it. I just have to follow my intention and allow a path to be created. Then I follow that path.”
Update January 2013:
“In October of 2011 I traveled to China for an International Art Show. I sold 2 of my paintings to the gallery and was invited to tour of the Art University. Afterwards I spent a few weeks sightseeing the beautiful countryside of China.
Upon returning home I became a Grumbacher representative and started teaching in November of 2011.
In 2012 I became a certified Wilson Bickford painting partner.
Currently I am working on certification by Alexander Art Co. That will take a year.”
To see more of Ruth Read’s artwork featured on this website, go to:
To visit Ruth Read’s art gallery, click on the link below:
*** *** ***
- Happy Days
- Artist Favorite
- Eye Candies
- PaintingPainting is the practice of applying paint pigment color or other medium to a surface support base The medium is commonly.…
- History of paintingThe history of painting reaches back in time to artifacts from pre-historic humans and spans all cultures. It represents a continuous.…
- Award winning artist to show in Ballard at Seattle Creative Arts
- Grumbacher Acrylic Art Classes by Nikki Jacquin Nikki Jacquin
- The Miami International Art Fair brings art for the new year and next
- Push Your Boundaries at The PuSh International Arts Festival